Our F1 aerodynamics online module took place on 10th July
F1 aero devices
- Discover the theory behind F1 wings, underfloors, diffusers, bargeboards, brake ducts and much more
- Find out how teams extract the maximum performance from these devices
- Understand the strategies teams use to exploit brake cooling and wheel rims for aero gains
Optimising aero performance
- Discover the aerodynamic behaviour driver’s want during corners and the tactics teams use to achieve it
- Get exclusive insight into how teams use CFD, wind tunnels and track testing to improve performance
- Find out the development cycle of optimising parts and the role aerodynamicists play
- Master how pitot tubes, pressure scanners, kiel probes, pressure rakes and other aerodynamic sensors work
- Discover how F1 teams install these devices to minimise the impact on airflow but maximise accuracy of the measurement
"Really engaging and enjoyable. The F1 specific content put the principles into context and everyone who answered questions were very knowledgeable. The large chunk of Q&A was very useful and I'm glad a lot of time was dedicated to it. Thanks!"
"Thank you everyone, it was a really interesting module that allowed me to learn more about F1 aerodynamics, through technical information and practical examples that I couldn't have found anywhere else."
"As a fan of F1 and an engineer working in the automotive industry, I found this module absolutely valuable as it creates an opportunity to meet with professionals in the sport and ultimately bridges the gap for people outside the F1 bubble. It has really fuelled my interest for looking at an opportunity in motorsports. Looking forward to the next modules!"